Friday, July 29, 2011

My Thoughts on Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Well, I've had a lot of mixed feelings about this, but despite all that, I finally just went ahead and preordered the game, earlier today. I may as well write down all the stuff I'm thinking about, in regards to this.

Firstly, as you can guess from my last post, I'm very upset over the decision to not include Mega Man, whether it be the original (by preference), or any of the other blue bombers to share that title in their name. It was bad enough when they did it in the first installment of MvC3, but then to continue to do it here in UMvC3? It just seems... so wrong. I am hoping against hope that some kind of blue bomber will still eventually make it into UMvC3 as DLC. Capcom (or possibly just Ryota Niitsuma) would have to be pretty stupid to pass up the chance to make a good amount of money off of that, when you consider that Mega Man X is, right now, the most highly requested character.

That aside, though, I am looking forward to the new additions. I'm glad Hawkeye's getting in, and I actually think he should have been in first ahead of Taskmaster (and I think similarly of Ken before Akuma, but considering the low-tolerance there seems to be for shotos, I think we're pretty much stuck with just Ryu and Akuma). Firebrand is a really cool choice, and I do so love the updated version of the theme from Gargoyle's Quest that they're giving him. Strider Hiryu is a big of a no-brainer, and I'm a bit surprised he wasn't already in the game (but then again, I could say the same for characters like Captain Commando and Mega Man), but I'm glad he got in. I'm most surprised to see that Phoenix Wright got in, though. Now, I know Wright was highly requested, but he's not exactly a fighter. For that matter, I always felt like fighting at all kind of goes against his personality. Whatever the case, though, I have to say, I can't wait to see what kind of moveset they could possibly give him (and having said that, I think his inclusion pretty much destroys the "no moveset can be made for him/her" argument that ANY OTHER character would face). Most of all, though, when it comes to Wright... I can't wait to see what they cook up for his theme! Oh, ya.

So, that's that. I'm looking forward to this game, I hope we get more modes (since the initial installment did feel a little bare-bones), and overall, I can't wait to get my hands on it, despite the fact that I am still pretty miffed at Capcom for all the recent crap treatment of the Mega Man franchise. With that said and done, I leave you all with this awesome mash-up of Ace Attorney and Cheetahmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment